This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug middle-end/24639] [meta-bug] bug to track all uninit variable issues
- From: "law at redhat dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 9 Nov 2005 00:02:56 -0000
- Subject: [Bug middle-end/24639] [meta-bug] bug to track all uninit variable issues
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #4 from law at redhat dot com 2005-11-09 00:02 -------
Created an attachment (id=10181)
Proposed patch and new testcases
I'm not comfortable self-approving this patch; the option processing code is
totally new to me and I have no idea if I got it right. And while I believe
the sense of -Wuninitialized is correct (no change in current behavior), I
don't think we have reached a consensus on that issue.
I will note that after reviewing all the PRs, by far the most common complaint
is false positives, #2 is missing warnings, particularly for objects which
have had their address taken, #3 is missing warnings in unreachable/dead code
(which we can now detect with -Wuninitialized=2 using this patch).