This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libgcj/24616] linking BC-compiled classes: NoClassDefFoundErrors should be deferred
- From: "thebohemian at gmx dot net" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 8 Nov 2005 10:15:48 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libgcj/24616] linking BC-compiled classes: NoClassDefFoundErrors should be deferred
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #14 from thebohemian at gmx dot net 2005-11-08 10:15 -------
> But we don't need to use ffi_call here, we can just call the exception
> throwing function directly.
Right. That worked fine.
> Then you'll realize that these functions don't need to be separate at all.
Yep. I made the trampoline function the error throwing function now.
> Then you'll realize that you don't need to bother setting up
> the ffi_cif - all you need is the exception argument.
I doubt that this is right. The ffi_prep_closure() needs to know which
arguments are given to it. AFAIK the caller can cast a ffi_closure pointer to
any kind of function pointer (OK, except varargs).