This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/24712] [4.0 Regression] Accidental ABI change between 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?
- From: "pcarlini at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 7 Nov 2005 16:59:18 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/24712] [4.0 Regression] Accidental ABI change between 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?
- References: <bug-24712-189@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #2 from pcarlini at suse dot de 2005-11-07 16:59 -------
I have to add a comment: all those crashing KDE applications (I looked at the
KDE PRs) are evidently using mt_allocator. Now, mt_allocator is not the alloc
which FSF gcc4.0.x uses by default, the only one for which ABI guarantees are
provided, also about compatibility with gcc3.4.x. I gather therefore that
Debian
is building GCC passing --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=mt, something absolutely
not obvious and not trivial in its consequences.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24712