This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: arm-elf-nm --print-size fails on static variables
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, GCC Bugs <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:20:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: arm-elf-nm --print-size fails on static variables
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 02:15:27PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> When an object file is compiled by arm-elf-gcc 4.0.2, nm -S 2.16.*
> isn't printing the size of static variables. I'd very much appreciate
> a fix or workaround, if one is out there.
Check what the file really says, using readelf. If the sizes are
unset, check a CVS version of GCC or report the bug to GCC's bugzilla.
That's more likely than an nm bug.