This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug tree-optimization/24609] Same value duplicated in two different registers
- From: "ian at airs dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 1 Nov 2005 18:46:54 -0000
- Subject: [Bug tree-optimization/24609] Same value duplicated in two different registers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #6 from ian at airs dot com 2005-11-01 18:46 -------
Created an attachment (id=10101)
.s file from gcc 3.4 -S -O2
I've attached the assembler code generated by gcc 3.4 with -S -O2. This code
is much better than that generated by 4.1. It does not duplicate the register,
and RTL if-conversion is able to eliminate the branch.