This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/15910] can't compile self defined void distance(std::vector<T>, std::vector<T>)
- From: "adah at netstd dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 9 Aug 2005 13:26:34 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/15910] can't compile self defined void distance(std::vector<T>, std::vector<T>)
- References: <20040610143911.15910.king.benjamin@mh-hannover.de>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From adah at netstd dot com 2005-08-09 13:26 -------
(In reply to comment #63)
> | Do *you* like it?
> It is immaterial as far as GCC is concerned. I know where to raise
Why immaterial? I just cannot imagine anybody that *likes* this behaviour.
If no one likes it, how can you call it reasonable behaviour (just because a
C++ god nodded)? If it is not reasonable behaviour, why can't you accept that
it is a bug? By the way, I think a `bug' here can really be a design flaw, or
an enhancement request.
> such issues and I've suggested you do the same. You seem not to
> understand that comp.lang.c++.moderated and comp.std.c++ are the
I posted about one day ago on comp.std.c++. No one answered. I do not know
any better way to contact anybody that might be in the committee.
> appropriate places. Insisting here will not help you. At this point,
Reproaching me in this way won't help you, either.
I repeat one thing: I do not have the OP's problem. As a programmer that has
some familiarity with the language and the Standard, it is hard to encounter
this kind of problems. --- People that encounter this bug most probably know
little (if any) of the C++ Standard, and people know well about the Standard
most probably won't encounter this bug at all. --- This fact strengthens my
point that it is a bug.
> the only thing you're doing here is sabotaging your own cause by
> frustrating people, who otherwise might be disposed to listen to and
If you had not spoken in this kind of tones, I might have been much more
considerate and constructive. However, I have already tried to be calm and
constructive instead of being flamy.
I just cannot understand why you have never shown any patience and sympathy on
this issue.
> support you. If that was your original purpose, then you have
> partially succeeded.
> -- Gaby
Yongwei
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15910