This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/15910] can't compile self defined void distance(std::vector<T>, std::vector<T>)
- From: "gdr at integrable-solutions dot net" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 8 Aug 2005 10:25:37 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/15910] can't compile self defined void distance(std::vector<T>, std::vector<T>)
- References: <20040610143911.15910.king.benjamin@mh-hannover.de>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From gdr at integrable-solutions dot net 2005-08-08 10:25 -------
Subject: Re: can't compile self defined void distance(std::vector<T>, std::vector<T>)
"adah at netstd dot com" <gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org> writes:
| > Subject: Re: can't compile self defined void distance(std::vector<T>,
| std::vector<T>)
| > "adah at netstd dot com" <gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org> writes:
| > | This said, I still cannot think this bug report is `INVALID', from a user's
| > | point of view.
| > We're dealing with INVALID as whether it is a bug with respect to the
| > language standard.
| > [...]
|
| I have not yet been able to deduce from the Standard that the OP's code is
| invalid.
Then I strongly suggest you read the thred in comp.lang.c++.moderated
where the PR originates from.
| > | The instantiation is done after the `template argument deduction' is
| > | successful.
| > Have you read Paul M.'s explanation?
|
| I know no one named Paul M. He seems not here, either.
Good. As reported in earlier comments, the PR originated from a
discussion in comp.lang.c++.moerated. I suggest you google and read
the thread before sending more comments on this PR.
-- Gaby
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15910