This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug tree-optimization/23046] [4.1 Regression] ICE in set_value_range, at tree-vrp.c:191


------- Additional Comments From dnovillo at gcc dot gnu dot org  2005-08-05 16:46 -------
(In reply to comment #14)
> I patched fold to change if (FOO > TYPE_MAX) or if (FOO < TYPE_MIN) to if (0)
> and this fixes the ice.  I'll mail the patch when I get back from work tonight.

That was my idea too, but it may not be as easy as it looks.  See Roger's
response to my message http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-08/msg00169.html.

The problem now is that VRP will either need to treat the range as VARYING or do
some trickery to fold that conditional.  For 4.1 it is probably easier to just
set the range to VARYING.


-- 
           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |sayle at gcc dot gnu dot org


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23046


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]