This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug pch/14940] PCH largefile test fails on various platforms
- From: "ian at airs dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 4 Aug 2005 17:54:08 -0000
- Subject: [Bug pch/14940] PCH largefile test fails on various platforms
- References: <20040413135721.14940.ian@airs.com>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From ian at airs dot com 2005-08-04 17:54 -------
My patch added the largefile test to the 3.4 branch. I don't think that failing
a new test can be called a regression. I expect that the compiler would have
failed the test before, too, it's just that nobody knew about it.
Failing the largefile test means that pre-compiled headers will fail
occasionally and effectively unpredictably. That's why I added the test: so
that at least people will know for which targets PCH is unreliable.
I would be in favor of backporting to 3.4 any HP/UX fix which fixes the
largefile test. But since I don't think it's a regression I don't think it's on
my plate to do that. I will probably do it if nobody else does, but not very soon.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14940