This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/22304] gfortran silently changes values in equilvanence'd variables
- From: "albertm at uphs dot upenn dot edu" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 3 Aug 2005 15:02:15 -0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/22304] gfortran silently changes values in equilvanence'd variables
- References: <20050705050725.22304.albertm@uphs.upenn.edu>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From albertm at uphs dot upenn dot edu 2005-08-03 15:02 -------
Subject: Re: gfortran silently changes values in equilvane
nce'd variables
Greetings!
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr
> 2005-08-03 07:06 -------
> Mike,
>
> As I promised on the fortran list, I am about to tackle module
> equivalences.
I really appreciate the work folks like you do.
> Your contributions to the investigation are very welcome and most
> helpful. Did
> you go any further with this?
Thank you, but no, I got as far as the messages which I posted, then
decided that I really didn't know what I was doing and stopped.
I should explain that my immediate purpose was a program
called "EGSnrc" and there seem to be other issues with
regards to compiling this under gfortran, so I've gone back
to g77.
I am a little busy, but I might be able to try some more.
However, I have no real experience programming compilers,
and I don't think I understand the
intended logic of the algorithms in the code which
I tweaked. Is there something I should have read
that would give me a clue?
Again, thanks.
Sincerely,
Mike Albert
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22304