This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug c++/22380] New: [4.1 Regression] stack usage of g++.dg/opt/inline4.C increased


On hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11, on mainline between 20050627 and 20050630 both at
07:00 UTC, the failure

FAIL: g++.dg/opt/inline4.C (test for excess errors)

appeared, the error being compile-time stack overflow.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-regression/2005-06/msg00121.html
shows the same failure appearing on Darwin.  I can reproduce the problem on
i686-pc-linux-gnu if I use "ulimit -s 4096", while a 4.0 branch compiler works
on the same testcase with "ulimit -s 256".  I don't know how much stack the test
needed just before the failure appeared.

-- 
           Summary: [4.1 Regression] stack usage of g++.dg/opt/inline4.C
                    increased
           Product: gcc
           Version: 4.1.0
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: c++
        AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
        ReportedBy: jsm28 at gcc dot gnu dot org
                CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22380


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]