This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug bootstrap/22073] build a 32bit gcc-3.4.4 on AMD64/Opteron Linux
- From: "marek dot rouchal at infineon dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 1 Jul 2005 09:04:57 -0000
- Subject: [Bug bootstrap/22073] build a 32bit gcc-3.4.4 on AMD64/Opteron Linux
- References: <20050615063016.22073.marek.rouchal@infineon.com>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From marek dot rouchal at infineon dot com 2005-07-01 09:04 -------
(In reply to comment #1)
> Can you try the following:
> CFLAGS="-m32 -O2 -g" BOOT_CFLAGS="-m32 -O2 -g" STAGE1_CFLAGS="-m32 -g"
I spent some more thoughts on this: My desired result could be achieved by
doing this:
- bootstrap normally and install
- bootstrap (again) with the macros above, but install only the gcc binary
I am wondering whether this could not be automated in a sensible way. As far as
I was able to trace through the configure/Makefile.in files, I think I have
found a possible solution (did not try it yet, so can't send a patch right now):
When building the stage2/3 compiler, libgcc and libiberty needs to be rebuilt
with the stage1/2 compiler - however these libs do not "see" the BOOT_CFLAGS.
CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET is not appropriate either, since that influences the multilib
setup when building the runtime libs. Maybe this hint is enough for a gcc
bootstrap expert to fix the top-level configure and Makefile.in such that
BOOT_CFLAGS are passed through to libgcc/libiberty when bootstrapping the
compilers, but not when building the runtime libs (libgcc.a, libgcc_s.so,
libstdc++.a, libstdc++.so, ...) - these are dependent on the multilib setup,
which is ok.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22073