This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug debug/20967] g++ generates same DW_AT_ranges info for two different functions
- From: "fnf at specifixinc dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 12 Apr 2005 14:00:59 -0000
- Subject: [Bug debug/20967] g++ generates same DW_AT_ranges info for two different functions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From fnf at specifixinc dot com 2005-04-12 14:00 -------
> No version information. Is this HEAD, with Jim's earlier DW_AT_ranges patch?
Yes, sorry I didn't mention it. Originally I tried to report this bug with
"gccbug" but the report seems to have gone into a black hole. Perhaps gccbug
Thanks for the comments. I'll go back and review the spec again. The one I'm
looking at is Dwarf3-draft9.pdf, 1320652 bytes. Can't recall offhand where I
found it but I should probably check around for a newer one.
> I'm guessing from your description that _S_get_pool is inlined into
> get_allocator is inlined into main
Yes, though there is actually a little more inlining going on, so these
aren't the only two duplicates.