This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libstdc++/20806] [3.4/4.0/4.1 Regression] basic_filebuf::xsgetn() fails with text mode and DOS line endings and large buffers
- From: "pcarlini at suse dot de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 7 Apr 2005 09:14:23 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libstdc++/20806] [3.4/4.0/4.1 Regression] basic_filebuf::xsgetn() fails with text mode and DOS line endings and large buffers
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From pcarlini at suse dot de 2005-04-07 09:14 -------
> The problem is that the native read translates the input \r\n to
> \n, returning the number of chars written,
This is a very fundamental assumption to break, which is likely to case much
more problems elsewhere, maybe only latent now. The correct solution cannot
be just working around it in this function, instead something like using
unconditionally binary mode on mingw + libstdc++-v3. Ideas?