This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug target/19549] Register allocation problem in inline asm on x86.
- From: "steven at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 22 Jan 2005 12:07:34 -0000
- Subject: [Bug target/19549] Register allocation problem in inline asm on x86.
- References: <20050120202246.19549.drab@kepler.fjfi.cvut.cz>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From steven at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-01-22 12:07 -------
Falk, sorry but Andrew is right.
First of all, it *does* compile for me at -O[123] on i686, but not
at -O0 because reload can't find a register. I tried GCC 3.3, 3.4,
and 4.0, and -march={i386,i686,athlon-xp,pentium4}, and all these
versions behave the same.
Second, both PRs concern a basically overly constrained asm. I am
sure I mentioned in PR11203 that any success in compiling such asm
is just luck.
Not a GCC bug
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19549