This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug c/19472] [4.0 Regression] compiler internal error: in var_ann, at tree-flow-inline.h:34


------- Additional Comments From pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org  2005-01-16 21:48 -------
I think I know what this problem is, it relates to the following inline-asm:
   asm( "" :: "m" ((long)x));

if you remove the cast (which is the correct thing to do, we no longer seg fault or cause an ICE).

The problem is we are not marking x as TREE_ADDRESSABLE.
I will look into fixing this.

Really this should be rejected but that is a different bug which cannot be fixed at this point because 
there are too many code which does this, even inside gcc (longlong.h).  And there is a already a bugzilla 
about this.

-- 
           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot
                   |                            |org
          Component|tree-optimization           |c


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19472


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]