This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug bootstrap/19379] New: ICE during build of newlib's e_atan2.c when soft-float
- From: "joel at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Jan 2005 16:35:01 -0000
- Subject: [Bug bootstrap/19379] New: ICE during build of newlib's e_atan2.c when soft-float
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-4.0 20050109
binutils 2.15
newlib 1.13.0
This is a regression from at least gcc 3.3.5.
Bootstrap fails with:
/home/rtems/src/packages/BUILD/rtems-4.7-i386-rtems4.7-gcc-newlib-gcc4.0.20050109newlib1.13.0/build/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/rtems/src/packages/BUILD/rtems-4.7-i386-rtems4.7-gcc-newlib-gcc4.0.20050109newlib1.13.0/build/gcc/
-nostdinc
-B/home/rtems/src/packages/BUILD/rtems-4.7-i386-rtems4.7-gcc-newlib-gcc4.0.20050109newlib1.13.0/build/i386-rtems4.7/soft-float/newlib/
-isystem
/home/rtems/src/packages/BUILD/rtems-4.7-i386-rtems4.7-gcc-newlib-gcc4.0.20050109newlib1.13.0/build/i386-rtems4.7/soft-float/newlib/targ-include
-isystem
/home/rtems/src/packages/BUILD/rtems-4.7-i386-rtems4.7-gcc-newlib-gcc4.0.20050109newlib1.13.0/gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libc/include
-B/opt/rtems-4.7/i386-rtems4.7/bin/ -B/opt/rtems-4.7/i386-rtems4.7/lib/ -isystem
/opt/rtems-4.7/i386-rtems4.7/include -isystem
/opt/rtems-4.7/i386-rtems4.7/sys-include -msoft-float -DPACKAGE=\"newlib\"
-DVERSION=\"1.13.0\" -I. -I../../../../../../gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libm/math
-I../../../../../../gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libm/math/../common -O2
-DHAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY -DMALLOC_PROVIDED -DEXIT_PROVIDED -DMISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES
-DSIGNAL_PROVIDED -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED -DHAVE_OPENDIR -DNO_EXEC
-DHAVE_FCNTL -fno-builtin -O2 -g -O2 -O2 -g -O2 -msoft-float -c
../../../../../../gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libm/math/e_atan2.c
../../../../../../gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libm/math/e_atan2.c: In function
'__ieee754_atan2':
../../../../../../gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libm/math/e_atan2.c:129: error:
unrecognizable insn:
(insn 627 262 263 32 (parallel [
(set (reg:XF 9 st(1))
(reg:XF 8 st))
(set (reg:XF 8 st)
(reg:XF 9 st(1)))
]) -1 (nil)
(nil))
../../../../../../gcc-4.0.20050109/newlib/libm/math/e_atan2.c:129: internal
compiler error: in insn_default_length, at insn-attrtab.c:430
I expect that once I can produce a cut-down of this, I can reproduce this with a
native version of this compiler.
--
Summary: ICE during build of newlib's e_atan2.c when soft-float
Product: gcc
Version: 4.0.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P2
Component: bootstrap
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: joel at gcc dot gnu dot org
CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
GCC build triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
GCC host triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
GCC target triplet: i386-unknown-rtems4.7 i386-elf
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19379