This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug target/17219] -static and -statig-libgcc aren't doing what they should.
- From: "gonnetp at inf dot ethz dot ch" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 30 Aug 2004 18:45:56 -0000
- Subject: [Bug target/17219] -static and -statig-libgcc aren't doing what they should.
- References: <20040828001516.17219.gonnetp@inf.ethz.ch>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Additional Comments From gonnetp at inf dot ethz dot ch 2004-08-30 18:45 -------
Subject: Re: -static and -statig-libgcc aren't doing what
they should.
I looked at the parameters for the linker and it has an option
"-non_shared". When I passed this through g++ I get:
f15 201> /usr/local/gcc/gcc-3.4.1/bin/g++ -static -Xlinker -non_shared
-L/usr/local/gcc/gcc-3.4.1/lib/ test.cc
ld32: ERROR 4 : Conflicting flag
setting: -non_shared
-call_shared may conflict with -shared
collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
Which means that gcc/g++ is forcing shared somewhere... Is there any way I
can work around this?
Cheers and thanks,
Pedro
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=17219