This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

gcc-3.4.1 - precompile header bug? (fwd)




---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:37:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>
To: gcc-bugs@gnu.org
Subject: gcc-3.4.1 - precompile header bug?

I have used the option for -no-pch, no pre-compiled headers and it seems to be compiling fine now.

This looks like a problem with gcc-3.4.1?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:06:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>
To: qt-bugs@trolltech.no
Subject: Re: Qt 3.3.3 released


GCC-3.4.1:


Build QT-3.3.3 with: ./configure -prefix /app/qt-3.3.3 -release -shared -qt-gif -qt-zlib -no-fast -thread -nis -pch -no-cups -stl -ipv6 -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-libmng -no-nas-sound -sm -xshape -xinerama -xcursor -xrandr -xrender -xft -no-tablet -xkb -dlopen-opengl

make

cd src && make make[2]: Entering directory `/home/war/qt-x11-free-3.3.3/src'
gcc -c -include qt-mt -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_NO_
DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_CUPS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -
D_LARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_DLOPEN_OPENGL -DQT_NO_IMAGEIO_MNG -DQT
_NO_IMAGEIO_JPEG -DQT_BUILTIN_GIF_READER=1 -DQT_NO_STYLE_MAC -DQT_NO_STYLE_AQUA
-DQT_NO_STYLE_INTERLACE -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSXP -DQT_NO_STYLE_COMPACT -DQT_NO_ST
YLE_POCKETPC -I/home/war/qt-x11-free-3.3.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/
freetype2 -I3rdparty/libpng -I3rdparty/zlib -I3rdparty/opentype -I../include -I/
usr/X11R6/include -I.moc/release-shared-mt/ -o .obj/release-shared-mt/pngrtran.o
3rdparty/libpng/pngrtran.c
In file included from 3rdparty/zlib/zlib.h:34,
from 3rdparty/libpng/png.h:329,
from 3rdparty/libpng/pngrtran.c:17:
3rdparty/zlib/zconf.h:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [.obj/release-shared-mt/pngrtran.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/war/qt-x11-free-3.3.3/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/war/qt-x11-free-3.3.3'
make: *** [init] Error 2


I do not have bad RAM, any idea what the problem is?
Precompiled headers should be turned off maybe?


On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 info@trolltech.com wrote:


Qt 3.3.3 has been released.

This is a maintenance release which includes many bug fixes and
optimizations. For detailed information please consult the
changes-3.3.3 file found in the packages or look at
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/changes/changes-3.3.3.html

In addition to the release packages we are providing patches for this
release. We produced the patches using xdelta 1.1.3. You also need
xdelta to apply the patch. You can get xdelta at:

(Unix): http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xdelta/xdelta-1.1.3.tar.gz
(Win32): http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~ejones/software/xdelta.exe

To apply the patch, do the following:

- Install xdelta 1.1.3
- On Unix unpack the Qt 3.3.2 package
(e.g. gunzip qt-x11-commercial-3.3.2.tar.gz)
- On Windows just copy the Qt 3.3.2 package into your working directory
- Download the patch
(e.g. get the file patch-qt-x11-commercial-3.3.3 or
patch-qt-win-commercial-3.3.3)
- Apply the patch
(e.g xdelta patch patch-qt-x11-commercial-3.3.3 qt-x11-commercial-3.3.2.tar \
qt-x11-commercial-3.3.3.tar
or
xdelta patch patch-qt-win-commercial-3.3.3 qt-win-commercial-3.3.2.exe \
qt-win-commercial-3.3.3.exe)
- Now you have the Qt 3.3.3 package and you can install it
(e.g. tar xf qt-x11-commercial-3.3.3.tar, or call
qt-win-commercial-3.3.3.exe etc.)


Please note, that xdelta is not a Trolltech product and therefore we
do not provide technical support for that application.

How to get the release:

Qt/X11: http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/x11.html
Qt/Mac: http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/mac.html
Qt/Embedded: http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/embedded.html

Any problems encountered with Qt 3.3.3 should be reported to
qt-bugs@trolltech.com.

--
The Trolls



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]