This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/11876] Cannot access protected member from templated copy constructor
- From: "pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 10 Aug 2003 16:13:24 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/11876] Cannot access protected member from templated copy constructor
- References: <20030810153942.11876.ktulu@free.fr>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11876
------- Additional Comments From pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org 2003-08-10 16:13 -------
I get the same error on 3.3.1 (20030707), 3.2.3, 3.0.4, and 2.95.3. Both with the mainline,
I get:
pr11876.cc: In instantiation of `A<int>':
pr11876.cc:17: instantiated from here
pr11876.cc:4: error: class `A<int>' is implicitly friends with itself
pr11876.cc: In instantiation of `A<float>':
pr11876.cc:24: instantiated from here
pr11876.cc:4: error: class `A<float>' is implicitly friends with itself
And with 2.91.66 I get the same as the mainline expect they are warnings instead of
errors, I do not know what is the right thing though.