This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug bootstrap/11388] New: gcc 3.3 fails to bootstrap on AIX 5.2 due to errors compiling plural.c in directory gcc/intl


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11388

           Summary: gcc 3.3 fails to bootstrap on AIX 5.2 due to errors
                    compiling plural.c in directory gcc/intl
           Product: gcc
           Version: 3.3
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: critical
          Priority: P3
         Component: bootstrap
        AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
        ReportedBy: rolf-alois dot walter at db dot com
                CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
 GCC build triplet: powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0
  GCC host triplet: powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0
GCC target triplet: powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0

I have configured with the command

/software/gcc-3.3/configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld

cc -c -DIN_GCC -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\"
-DLOCALE_ALIAS_PATH=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib\" -DH
AVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I. -I/software/gcc-3.3/gcc/intl -I/software/gcc-3.3/gcc
-I/software/gcc-3.3/gcc/config -I/software/gcc-3.3/gcc/../i
nclude  -g    /software/gcc-3.3/gcc/intl/plural.c -o plural.o
"plural.y", line 264.1: 1506-343 (S) Redeclaration of __gettextlex differs from
previous declaration on line 73 of "plural.y".
"plural.y", line 264.1: 1506-381 (I) The type "const unsigned char**" of
parameter 2 in the prototype declaration is not compatible wi
th the corresponding parameter type "unsigned char**" in the nonprototype
declaration.
gmake[3]: *** [plural.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/software/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc/intl'
gmake[2]: *** [intl.all] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/software/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/software/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc'
gmake: *** [bootstrap] Error 2


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]