This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

c++/10191: c++ compiler in gcc 3.2.2 still doesn't compile on sunos 4.1.4


>Number:         10191
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       c++ compiler in gcc 3.2.2 still doesn't compile on sunos 4.1.4
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Mar 22 23:36:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jason at pobox dot com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Organization:
>Environment:
sparc 10 with dual 125Mhz hypersparc, 128M of memory running SunOS 4.1.4
>Description:
I am trying to get gcc 3.2.2 to compile on sunos 4.1.4.

The last version to successfully compile (with some
minor hacks) was gcc 2.95.3.  Every gcc 3 release
since then fails to compile the c++ compiler with the
following error:


/local/dev/build/buildgcc322/gcc/xgcc -B/local/dev/build/buildgcc322/gcc/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.2/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/bin/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.2/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/lib/ -isystem /opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.2/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath -I.. -O2 -O -c ../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/signbit.o
../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c: In function `__signbit':
../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c:39: `ieee_double_shape_type' undeclared (first use in this function)
../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c:39: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c:39: for each function it appears in.)
../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c:39: parse error before "gh_u"
../../../../gcc-3.2.2/libstdc++-v3/libmath/signbit.c:39: `gh_u' undeclared (first use in this function)


I get about one email every few weeks now from other
people trying to build gcc on sunos4 so it is still a
platform that is in use..  I can make accounts available
on the box to anyone who is interested in looking at
this..  i realise it is a very low priority.  the error has
been discussed before and i understand that it is 
basically that sunos4 is missing some header
information that would have to be ported back to it from
a more modern OS to make this compile (?)

regards,

-jason
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]