This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: driver/9653: invalid detection of "cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations" condition
- From: Ian Wienand <ianw at gelato dot unsw dot edu dot au>
- To: bangerth at dealii dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-prs at gcc dot gnu dot org,nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:27:47 +1100
- Subject: Re: driver/9653: invalid detection of "cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations" condition
- References: <20030314022156.10649.qmail@sources.redhat.com>
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 02:21:56AM -0000, bangerth at dealii dot org wrote:
> I can't seem to come up with a simple example to reproduce this.
> Could you check whether this is still happening with a
> more recent snapshot of gcc, and possibly extract a
> simple procedure how we can reproduce this?
I'm terribly sorry I've been meaning to close this. It was actually
that I was using a wrapper script around gcc and used $@ to give gcc
it's command line. I didn't realise I actually needed "$@" for it to
work. This only shows up in arugments like -MT "a b" or
-DVER="VERSION 1.0" because the quotes get all lost.
Thanks
-i