This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fortran/3924: g77 generates code which is rejected by GAS if COFF debugging info is requested
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Cc: pavenis at lanet dot lv, djgpp-workers at delorie dot com, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:29:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: fortran/3924: g77 generates code which is rejected by GAS if COFF debugging info is requested
- References: <3CE93944.9583.1336CFC@localhost> <3CE920E1.7B6F2448@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>
On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 06:14:25PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:
> Thanks - that means it can't cope with the _bar_+4 thingie [the offset
> of the variable b in the common block bar]. Anyone have a good guess
> what part of the compiler issues this, while it (apparently) isn't
> allowed by COFF standards ?
Issues which? (plus _bar_ 4) is generated by the fortran front end.
The only thing you can reasonable do is check for unhandled address
forms in sdbout.c and elide debug info for those variables.