This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bootstrap/6622: configure should fail if bison is not found
- From: Josef Spillner <spillner at internet24 dot de>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>,<gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:59:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: bootstrap/6622: configure should fail if bison is not found
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Saturday 11 May 2002 02:22, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> This is not appropriate for building from release tarballs, which include
> the Bison-generated files so that users don't need Bison installed.
Uhm, so what is the point of having this check in configure.in at all? :-)
Anyway, I found there's more or less the same bug report already at
other/2529, so both should be closed then.