This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compile glibc-2.2.5 with gcc-3.0.4 on ia64
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at redhat dot com>
- To: Christian Hinkelbein <hinkelbein at ti dot uni-mannheim dot de>
- Cc: "gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 13 May 2002 14:53:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: compile glibc-2.2.5 with gcc-3.0.4 on ia64
- References: <3CDBF718.E4ABCD69@ti.uni-mannheim.de>
This appears to be a known problem that was fixed for gcc 3.1. There used
to be a bad interaction between the reorder-blocks optimization and the
dwarf2 output routines such that you could not have both. This problem
affected multiple targets. You can work around this by using either -g0
On IA-64, gcc 3.0 could not be used for glibc for multiple reasons, some IA-64
gcc specific, some generic gcc, and some generic glibc, so we never really
tried to make it work. You will probably have better luck with gcc 3.1.