This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
c++/6568: g++3 (3.0.2) misinterpreting single byte hex constants
- From: brian at talusmusic dot com
- To: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 6 May 2002 03:08:00 -0000
- Subject: c++/6568: g++3 (3.0.2) misinterpreting single byte hex constants
- Reply-to: brian at talusmusic dot com
>Synopsis: g++3 (3.0.2) misinterpreting single byte hex constants
>Arrival-Date: Sun May 05 20:16:00 PDT 2002
>Originator: Brian Ceccarelli
>Release: g++3 3.0.2 (Red Hat LInux 7.2)
Red Hat Linux 7.2
g++3 compiler is really screwing up the value of this hex constant. It is turning the single byte 'char' into a 4-byte integer, and then screwing up the conditional.
Easy. Just run this 5 line program.
I don't know how to fix this one. Some one familiar with the compiler code is going to have to fix this.