This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: preprocessor/6521: -MG creates dependency with wrong path
- From: rspier at pobox dot com (Robert Spier)
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:55:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: preprocessor/6521: -MG creates dependency with wrong path
- References: <email@example.com><20020503125410.GF17218@daikokuya.demon.co.uk><20020503164625.GA9494@codesourcery.com>
>> This is intended behaviour (but undocumented I think); whether it is
>> desirable or not is a different question.
>> IMO this is not worth fixing; and we should just document the behaviour
>> for <> headers. What do you think, Zack?
Why is this the intended behavior? It doesn't make much sense to me.