This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c++/5836: GCC 3.0.3 fails when compiling inline instructions with 16-bit ARM code.
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: "Baker, Rick" <RBaker at panasonicatlanta dot com>
- Cc: "'rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:42:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: c++/5836: GCC 3.0.3 fails when compiling inline instructions with 16-bit ARM code.
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Sorry for the delay, I had to recreate the setup. The patch
> help one of the problems mentioned with Thumb code and
> -mlong-calls. I do not have time to verify it fixed all the
> issues.
Thanks, I'll close the PR.
>
> Tell me, how can I search for these issues on my own next time.
> I did the usual searches and found no hits on this subject?
>
Not easily in this case. I happened to know that this had been solved
recently, plus trying the test on the trunk build of the compiler
confirmed that it was no-longer a problem. After that it was a matter of
sleuthing out the patch that fixed it.
> Anyways...thank-you for your time and effort.
No problem.
R.