This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: c++/5997: CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH not working properly


Zack Weinberg wrote:-

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 06:25:00PM +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
> > 
> > I *think* this goes back 3 years (before my time!) to your change to
> > cppinit.c 1.5 -> 1.6.  Would you have a look at it?  We used to put
> > the paths in the env var before the default paths.  Now we do something
> > that is a little different I think.
> 
> I'm not seeing any problem at all... could you please tell me what's
> going wrong in your environment?
> 
> ~/f $ CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=`pwd`/include g++ -c -H main.cc ; echo $?
> /home/zack/f/include/foo.h
> 0
> ~/f $ CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=`pwd`/include g++-3.0 -c -H main.cc ; echo $?
> . /home/zack/f/include/foo.h
> 0
> ~/f $ CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=`pwd`/include ~/src/gcc/b/vanilla/gcc/g++ \
>   -B ~/src/gcc/b/vanilla/gcc/ -H -c main.cc ; echo $?
> . /home/zack/f/include/foo.h
> 0

You're quite right - I'd not tested the PR, assuming it must be right.
I just looked for when the last time this area of code was changed.  I
can't reproduce it either.  jbakker, can you elaborate on what problem
you're seeing?

Neil.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]