This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC and header files of HP-UX11.11 don't cooperate
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jan Köhnlein <Koehnlein at tu-harburg dot de>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:25:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC and header files of HP-UX11.11 don't cooperate
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <3C750EC6.7050307@tu-harburg.de>, Jan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hnlein?= wr
ites:
> Hi,
>
> I have encountered problem compiling gcc on a HP Workstation (HP-UX,
> B.11.11 U 9000/785):
>
> GCC did not compile because HPs sys/stdsyms.h defines
> #define __size_t size_t;
> but doesn't define "size_t" itself. As an effect, gcc's stddef.h did not
> define it either, if sys/stdsyms.h was included before (e.g. in
> <arch>/libiberty/floatformat.c) and compilation stopped.
>
> Changing gcc/ginclude/stddef.h for my specific system is not a big problem:
> Make sure gcc's stddefs.h defines size_t by commenting out #ifndef
> __size_t in line 180 and matching #endif. Then avoid redefinition of
> __size_t in line 194.
>
> Well, now it works, but I am not sure if other OS's wouldn't work with
> these changes. Maybe someone knows a safer way to achive this. If I am
> the only person affected, this might also be due to a buggy installation
> of our operating system. I have to admit, that I tried this on the 3.0.1
> code, but there haven't been any modifications of the involved parts
> since then.
Yes. This is a known problem. GCC releases prior to the upcoming GCC 3.1
release do not properly handle the hpux1.11 (aka hpux11i) header files.
[ It's also the case that they don't handle hpux11.00 with certain patchkits
which make the header files have the characteristics as hpux11.11. ]
jeff