This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

possible bug on HPUX?



 > 
 > I wrote a typical batch program with gcc3.0.1 on HPUX which runs a
 > relatively long time, say about 3 hours.
 > The programs reads data units from a file and put the data in a database.
 > Curious, sometimes it "hangs". This means I see the assoziated process,
 > the process does not cause load on the machine, the program is not
 > blocked by database locks.
 > If I attach to the process with GNU gdb (5.0) and do a "info stack"
 > I see only
 > 
 > #0  0xc01f4c40 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.2
 > #1  0xc0200bf4 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.2
 > 
 > How can I isolate the problem further?

Okay, I run the program on a linux machine,
- compiler - gcc3.0.1 too
- same input data
- same database

no error!

Could this be a bug in the version for HPUX ?
I'am a little bit hopeless about the further procedure.
I could trim my input data to a relatively small count. The error
does not occur then. But how to interpret the two debug lines ?
Why I do not see the whole stack?
It's also difficult to debug because the error arise after about two
hours runtime.

any help is really appreciate!



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]