This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap failure: element 1863 out of bounds in merge_blocks_nomove,at flow.c:2887
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure: element 1863 out of bounds in merge_blocks_nomove,at flow.c:2887
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:33:21 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Jan Hubicka wrote:
>> We have a new bootstrap failure for a plain build on sparc-sun-solaris2.8:
> I've got equivalent bugreport some time ago.
> I am just giong to test sparc with following patch. If you can do it
> yourself easilly, please let me know
> Mon Jul 30 16:32:49 CEST 2001 Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * toplev.c (rest_of_compilation): Recompute block_for_insn
> before post-reload cfg_cleanup.
> * function.c (thread_prologue_epilogue_insns):
> Call set_block_for_new_insns when emitting prologue directly.
Yes, this indeed makes the bootstrap reach stage3 on sparc-sun-solaris2.8,
that is, it seems to solve the problem I reported.