This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
libstdc++/3738: static member variables are well handled by containers
- To: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: libstdc++/3738: static member variables are well handled by containers
- From: luca dot formaggia at epfl dot ch
- Date: 19 Jul 2001 18:57:33 -0000
- Reply-To: luca dot formaggia at epfl dot ch
>Synopsis: static member variables are well handled by containers
>Arrival-Date: Thu Jul 19 12:06:01 PDT 2001
>Release: gcc version 3.0
Linux kernel 2.4.3-12 on intel PIII (i686)
Cannot access a public static member of an object A
contained in a stl container<A>
by simply using container[n].static_member (it compiles
but loader gives undefined reference)
It works if I assign A foo=container[n]; and then
just compile with g++ the not_working.cc file.
The working.cc contains the workaround (which
compiles and runs fine).
I do not know (apart the workaround)
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="example.tgz"
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="example.tgz"