This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: java/3540: libjava fails to compile
- To: malu9369 at student dot uu dot se
- Subject: Re: java/3540: libjava fails to compile
- From: P Hornby <p dot hornby at ned dot dem dot csiro dot au>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:09:35 +0800
- CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CSIRO Exploration and Mining.
The problem I experienced was the config info not being copied into the
libtool shell script,
or something like that.....
RedHat 7.1 is difficult to bring up to a gcc-3.0 development platform. I
ended up with
checkout Release-1-4 of automake from the CVS repository.
I don't remember the order in which I had to upgrade. Also, you need to
%define tmpdir /var/tmp
and similar lines (for __aclocaldir and other macros) into the spec
files of the
srpm packages. Be careful, it's easy to stuff up.......
When you manage to create the RPMs from the srpms, you can rpm -Uhv them
(you may again
have to force it in some cases, but be careful). I end up with
pcrod> automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.4
(I installed the CVS automake right over the exisiting version on redhat
7.1, I seem to recall
this was the bootstrap, though I oscillated between revisions of
automake to get
the rest to configure/compile). See also other/3725 and other/3721 on
Good luck, you'll need it.