This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Some weird bug with non gnu-make
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Some weird bug with non gnu-make
- From: Marc Espie <espie at schutzenberger dot liafa dot jussieu dot fr>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:55:32 +0200
- Reply-To: Marc dot Espie at liafa dot jussieu dot fr
I figured out what confused libtool.
Turns out I'm configuring gcc with CFLAGS="-O2 -g "
So, this ends up as
CFLAGS=-O2 -g
in the Makefile (note the space).
However, bsd-make does strip the space at the end of the line (it probably
shouldn't, but that's the way it is...) and this is enough to confuse
libtool utterly...
I don't exactly know where to fix that. I believe that libtool should at
least be changed not to worry about spaces in the command line it invokes.