This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -fssa problem in mainline
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: -fssa problem in mainline
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:07:58 -0600
- cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <email@example.com>you write:
> Sorry that I forgot that: i686-linux-gnu (using glibc from CVS, recent
> binutils from CVS, Linux 2.4.6)
> Shall I rerun my tests with the current sources that contain DCE?
I wouldn't really recommend it.
The x86 backend really does some things that are a pain to express and
properly handle in SSA form.
I really wouldn't bother reporting SSA bugs unless you're using a cleaner
target like ia64 and you've got some changes in your tree to avoid SSA
when you encounter libcalls, sets of subregs and the like.