This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix, was: Re: [Fwd: CVS trunk bootstrap failure on alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu]
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva)
- Subject: Re: Fix, was: Re: [Fwd: CVS trunk bootstrap failure on alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu]
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:57:33 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl (Toon Moene),amylaar at redhat dot com (Joern Rennecke), gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
> I think it would still be a good idea to pass the mode as an argument,
> just in case the two other arguments are CONST_INTs (remember that
> CONST_INTs don't have a mode). In fact, your proposed patch would
> probably crash or just fail to do right thing should the first
> argument be a CONST_INT.
The first argument is supposed to be both source and destination operand.
So a CONST_INT is invalid there.