This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
bootstrap/3550: "touch" still in libiberty/Makefile.in, gcc/mklibgcc.in
- To: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: bootstrap/3550: "touch" still in libiberty/Makefile.in, gcc/mklibgcc.in
- From: chastain at redhat dot com
- Date: 3 Jul 2001 21:39:55 -0000
- Reply-To: chastain at redhat dot com
>Synopsis: "touch" still in libiberty/Makefile.in, gcc/mklibgcc.in
>Arrival-Date: Tue Jul 03 14:46:03 PDT 2001
>Originator: Michael Chastain
>Release: gcc 3.0
native solaris 2.7
gcc/Makefile.in does not use the the "touch" command because of bugs with nanosecond time stamps on native solaris 2.7 and native solaris 2.8.
Hoever, libiberty/Makefile.in and gcc/mklibgcc.in still have "touch" commands in them.
I have seen unreproducible build failures which look like the fault of "touch".
I can't squeeze a reproducible failure out of this.
Change libiberty/Makefile.in and gcc/mklibgcc.in to use a different command to make timestamp files,
just as gcc/Makefile.in uses a $(STAMP) command.