This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

3.1 bootstrap failure on irix6.5 - gcc.c - expression must be a modifiable lvalue


3.1 bootstrap on irix6.5 with cc dies with

c -c  -DIN_GCC    -g    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I.
-I/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc
-I/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/.
-I/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/config
-I/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/../include
/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/cppspec.c -o cppspec.o
"/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/gcc.c", line 3391: error(1133): 
          expression must be a modifiable lvalue
                    value[len] = DIR_SEPARATOR;
                    ^

"/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/gcc.c", line 3392: error(1133): 
          expression must be a modifiable lvalue
                    value[++ len] = 0;
                    ^

"/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/gcc.c", line 4236: warning(1110): 
          statement is unreachable
            break;
            ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of
"/exd4/billingd/src/gcc-mainline/gcc/gcc.c".


Probably due to

2001-06-29  Nick Clifton  <nickc@cambridge.redhat.com>

	* gcc.c (process_command): Append a DIR_SEPARATOR to a path
	specified by the -B switch, if doing so would create a valid
	directory name.
	* doc/invoke.texi: Document changed behaviour of -B.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]