This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap failure on cygwin - undefined reference to `ix86_valid_decl_attribute_p'
- To: Graham Stott <grahams at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure on cygwin - undefined reference to `ix86_valid_decl_attribute_p'
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 00:10:36 +0100
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>,"Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>,gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
Graham Stott wrote:-
> Joseph I agree Neils patch has broken the cygwin toolchain because the
> cygwin specific validation routines arn't being used on cygwin.
> The patch just allows a broken cygwin toolchain to be built.
> I think the solution is to move the definition of the standard x86
> TARGET_xxx macros from i386.c to i386.h and then have cygwin.h override
> the standard x86 macros as needed.
Hmm, this is really a little messed up - I'm sure it was OK on my
drive. I'm starting to wonder if I didn't miss a commit, or screw up a
conflict or something.
Anyway, I promise to fix it in the next 24 hrs. Sorry for the problem.
[I'm not sure it's worth keeping these 2 functions in winnt.c; I think
I'll just conditionally compile them in i386.c; that'll allow
everything to be static too.]