This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: c++/3024: class inheritance of template arguments fail


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

> Right.
>
> This is definitely -not- a bug in the compiler.

I think someone must have put something really strong in my coffee. 
When I read the code and the ATL-docs I got confused with their choice of 
template typename: Base (thinking Base is my own inheriting class). When I 
"thought" this was possible, I got too excited to see the problem in my 
logic. 

I just drew a simple class diagram of a beast which I proposed earlier, and I 
see now that self referenced inheritance is bad. Really bad.

I'll crawl back under a rock now, and will not come back until I've read the 
ARM. 30 times. ;-)

Thanks!

- -- 
Jörgen Sigvardsson, B. Sc.
Lecturer, Computer Science Dept. Karlstad University
Tel: +46-(0)54-700 1786
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (FreeBSD)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE7G039JtcD8rikkmwRAujkAKCIJM7dxKyefL9fp0EzUMbl0YKpNwCgj0Og
3J2iQ/ORGc8SpRsfbFwCdn0=
=WRg4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]