This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[head] Bootstrap failure compiling crtstuff.c
- To: <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: [head] Bootstrap failure compiling crtstuff.c
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:08:31 +0100 (CET)
I haven't been able to compile the head branch for weeks on
i386-unknown-freebsd4.2:
SHLIB_NM_FLAGS='-pg' \
/bin/sh mklibgcc > tmp-libgcc.mk
mv tmp-libgcc.mk libgcc.mk
./xgcc -B./ -B/sw/test/gcc/FreeBSD/i386-unknown-freebsd4.2/bin/ -isystem /sw/test/gcc/FreeBSD/i386-unknown-freebsd4.2/include -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include -I. -I. -I/sw/test/gcc/cvs/gcc -I/sw/test/gcc/cvs/gcc/. -I/sw/test/gcc/cvs/gcc/config -I/sw/test/gcc/cvs/gcc/../include -g0 \
-finhibit-size-directive -fno-inline-functions \
-fno-exceptions \
-c /sw/test/gcc/cvs/gcc/crtstuff.c -DCRT_BEGIN -o crtbegin.o
xgcc: Internal error: Illegal instruction (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
gmake[2]: *** [crtbegin.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/files/pfeifer/OBJ-0308-1536/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/files/pfeifer/OBJ-0308-1536/gcc'
This is *not* a hardware problem (unless lots of machines have exactly the
same one).
Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/