This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
g++ Linker error
- To: <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: g++ Linker error
- From: "Ratheesh K" <ratheesh at psi dot soft dot net>
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:49:22 +0530
- Reply-To: <ratheesh at psi dot soft dot net>
Hi,
The following error we are getting while the linking our code.
Script
g++ -I/usr/local/include -I$HOME/ib/include -I$HOME/ov/include /usr/loc
al/lib/libpth.a $HOME/lib/libnew.a $HOME/lib/libibc.a
$HOME/lib/libibcpp.a -o $H
OME/exe/$1 $1.cpp -xF
The Error is
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
EBMAINTHREAD::EBCreateStartUpThreads(void)/usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
EBMAINTHREAD::EBEventHandler(void) /usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
EBMAINTHREAD::~EBMAINTHREAD(void) /usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
iInitializeThreadLibrary /usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
iCreateThread /usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
FCMInitialize /usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
EBMAINTHREAD::EBMAINTHREAD(void) /usr/tmp/ccR1wdAz.o
/IB/TRIPOD/exe/fcmmain: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No
outpu
t written to /IB/TRIPOD/exe/fcmmain
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I we using -ztext option ,ie..
g++ -I/usr/local/include -I$HOME/ib/include -I$HOME/ov/include /usr/loc
al/lib/libpth.a $HOME/lib/libnew.a $HOME/lib/libibc.a
$HOME/lib/libibcpp.a -o $H
OME/exe/$1 $1.cpp -xF -ztext
The error is
relocations referenced
from file(s)
/usr/tmp/cc3Bm2Es.o
fatal error: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
section: .text
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
The file which is showing that not defined is there in the libibcpp.o
file.So please give us a proper guidence to solve this error.
Thanking You
Ratheesh K
PSI Data Systems Ltd.
Bangalore, India.