This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: A problem building gcc 2.95.2


On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 10:13:13AM +0100, Cristo Saulo Bola?os Trujillo wrote:
> 
> 
> 	Hi all...
> 
> 	I have applied the patch for the new libc, but I have the next problem...
> 
> /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/objdir/gcc/xgcc -B/root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/objdir/gcc/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -g -O2 -fvtable-thunks -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates -I. -I/root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio -nostdinc++ -D_IO_MTSAFE_IO /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/builtinbuf.cc
> In file included from /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/builtinbuf.h:32,
>                  from /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/builtinbuf.cc:29:
> /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/streambuf.h: In method `streampos streambuf::pubseekoff(long long int, ios::seek_dir, int = 3)':
> /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/streambuf.h:362: `struct _G_fpos64_t' used where a `streampos' was expected
> /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/streambuf.h: In method `streampos streambuf::pubseekpos(long long int, int = 3)':
> /root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/libio/streambuf.h:364: conversion from `streampos' to non-scalar type `_G_fpos64_t' requested
> make[2]: *** [builtinbuf.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Saliendo directorio `/root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/objdir/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libio'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libio] Error 2
> make[1]: Saliendo directorio `/root/athlon/gcc-2.95.2/objdir'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> 
> 	I have debian woody + kernel 2.4.0-test10

Uhh, the Debian woody compiler is already patched to fix this, and the
latest glibc is there. If you want the patch, download the Debian source
(the patch came from Jakub).

-- 
 -----------=======-=-======-=========-----------=====------------=-=------
/  Ben Collins  --  ...on that fantastic voyage...  --  Debian GNU/Linux   \
`  bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bcollins@linux.com  '
 `---=========------=======-------------=-=-----=-===-======-------=--=---'

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]