This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Testsuite failure ?
- To: David Ronis <ronis at onsager dot chem dot mcgill dot ca>
- Subject: Re: Testsuite failure ?
- From: Manfred Hollstein <manfredh at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:56:04 +0200 (MEST)
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200008251924.PAA21079@onsager.chem.mcgill.ca>
- Reply-To: Manfred Hollstein <manfred dot h at gmx dot net>
On Friday, 25 August 2000, 15:24:01 -0400, ronis@onsager.chem.mcgill.ca wrote:
> Well, fortunately, the script I use to update/configure/build/check gcc etc.,
> First sets/exports CFLAGS, and then sets the other flags using it. If I
> understood Manfred's comment, I'm doing what I thought I've been doing as long
> as I rerun configure (which I do).
But, as was pointed out in a different email from Jeff, -malign-double
changes the ABI, so even if you built libio/libstdc++ using that flag,
there are still lots of chances your built executable will fail simply
due to the fact that glibc also has to be built using that flag, but it
might not in your case.
Please also note, CXXFLAGS would have to be defined for the C++ portions
of libio/libstdc++! CFLAGS doesn't affect that...
>
> David
>
> On Aug 25, 2000, David Ronis <ronis@onsager.chem.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>
> > I did a complete bootstrap build, which takes care of libio and
> > libstc++
>
> I don't think BOOT_CFLAGS affects them.
>
>
>
>