This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: bug: libstdc++ container allocator discrepancy


>Changed string_char_traits to char_traits, as ther was no occurrence 
>of the char sequence 'string_char_traits' defined in my version of 
>14882.

Now I'm beginning to think that you're using a different library than the
one that exhibits the problem I described.  In the lib I was using,
string_char_traits is the traits class used by the std::string.  It's
another example of the nonstandard stuff going on in that implementation.
If you don't have it defined anywhere, perhaps you are using the v3
library, while I am not?

I originally found the problem behavior with gcc 2.95.2 from Linux
Mandrake 7, and reproduced it with gcc 2.96 from the Red Hat 7 beta.
Reported versions are 2.95.2 19991024 (release) and 2.96 20000724
(experimental), respectively.  I had been under the impression that gcc
had incorporated the v3 library in April.  But according to my tests,
either I was mistaken, or the v3 library in 2.96/20000724 has the same
broken string class that came before it.

How do I determine which version of the c++ library I'm using?  I'd feel
better about my bug report if I knew for sure which library it applies to.

Forest


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]