This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: GCC endless loop for store_bit_field with alignment 0


>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:

Geoff> The problem is that DECL_FIELD_OFFSET_ALIGN overflows, because it's
Geoff> only an 8-bit-wide bitfield in the tree structure.  I posted a patch to
Geoff> store this field as a power of two, giving alignments of up to 2^256,
Geoff> which ought to be enough.

	Okay, that makes sense.  I don't know as much about the tree
structure to track the problem back that far.

	I still think that one of the routines in the call chain
(expand_assignment, store_field, store_bit_field, ...) should abort if
align < 1 as a self-test, instead of having GCC run off the rails.

Thanks, David

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]