This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: possible regression
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: possible regression
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:31:07 -0600
- cc: amakawa at sf dot t dot u-tokyo dot ac dot jp, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808271627.MAA05382@subrogation.cygnus.com>you write:
> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 02:50:30 -0600
> From: Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com>
> This is actually a bug in the gnu linker that is exposed by the newer
> version of egcs.
> The linker in binutils-2.9.1 does not handle R_SPARC_WPLT30 relocs
> against local symbols.
> My understanding is that this will only happen if you use the Solaris
> native assembler with the GNU linker. If you use the GNU assembler
> and the GNU linker, it should work fine (at least with 2.9.1). Please
> let me know if that is not accurate.
Hmm. I blew away the build trees. It is quite possible I was using
the Solaris assembler.