Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 57160: short-circuit IF only with -ffrontend-optimize

> Hi all,
>
> since there seems to be significant support for this after all, I just
> rebased the last patch version and pushed it to github (I sincerely
> hope gcc will officially make the switch to git very soon):
>
> https://github.com/janusw/gcc/commit/35aae880ff2b3d4a9f6a9c821376fb510202961c
>
> This is still the most reasonable approach I can see. And I'd still be
> grateful for (technical) comments on the patch.
>
> What's the procedure in GCC for dealing with such controversial
> patches? The procedure for simple cases is: The patch author asks for
> review, an authorized reviewer/maintainer approves it or asks for
> improvements. What happens if that fails? Is there any rule on how
> decisions are to be made in the non-trivial case?

Re-reading the thread, I noticed that I haven't actually gotten a
clear "yes" or "no" from anyone with review privileges for the Fortran
front-end.

So, I'll just continue with the usual procedure: The patch above
regtests cleanly on x86_64-linux-gnu and provides a clear improvement
regarding the standard-conformance of the GNU Fortan compiler. Ok to
commit to trunk?

Cheers,
Janus